“Our Response to the Coronavirus and other Future Outbreaks”
Topical Sermon by Pastor Frank Denisi | 3-15-2020
1/ We do Not Deemphasize Prudence
- The Physical Preparation is what Prudence is.
- Pro_12:16 A fool’s wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.
- Pro_12:23 A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.
- Pro_22:3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
- Pro_27:12 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.
- Act_13:7 Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.
- The Spiritual Preparation is what our Purpose should be.
2/ We do Not Dramatically Panic
- Jer_10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
- Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. (John 14:1)
3/ We do Not Devalue Prayer
- 2Ch_7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
4/ We do Not Dismiss the Prophecy
- Mat_24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
- Luk_21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
5/ We Do Not Disobey our Polity
- Heb_13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
6/ We Do Not Degrade others Precautions.
- Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
- Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
This is a time for us to show the love of Christ!
The world is in darkness right now. They are worrying, they are scared. This is only evidence that they are afraid to die.
- Mat_5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
The truth is billions will die!
- “And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth” (Revelation 6:8) (Cloud)
Keep our focus on the gospel, the great commission and living soberly and righteously. This is the the time for us to love others, show them concern, check up on them let them know, and show them that Christ loves them!
- Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Why panic when we have His precepts. Why panic when there is His promise. Why panic when there is His purpose. Why panic when there is His power. Why panic when there is His protection. Why panic when there is His prepared place in Heaven for us all.
“The Christian need not dread sickness, for he has nothing to lose, but everything to gain, by death.” – C.H. Spurgeon