“If Christ be Not Raised”
1 Corinthians 15:1-19
Sermon by: Missionary Frank Denisi
Introduction: The resurrection of Christ was testified, trusted by men, and true to God’s word. Theoretically speaking, if there is no resurrection, then what would be in vain? The Bible has the answer to that theoretical question.
Proposition: Be sure, and live like we have a resurrected Savior!
- Our “Preaching” would be in Vain. (1 Corinthians 15:14)
- Our “Faith” would be in Vain.
- Our Salvation would be in Vain. (1 Cor. 15:17) “ye re yet in your sins…”
- Our Eternity in Heaven would be in Vain. (1 Cor. 15:19) “if in this life only…”
- Our Blessed Hope and Glorious Appearing. (Titus 2:13)
- Christ is everything we need, want, desire, and hope for.
- 3 Reminders abour the Resurrection
- PROPHESIED (promised) – Mark 8:31 “three days rise again”
- TESTIFIED (Known to be true) -1 John 4:14 “…testify”
- GLORIFIED (Christ’s heavenly body) “…this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.” – 1 Cor. 15:53
- 500 Witnesses saw the resurrected Christ
- The deaths of each of the apostles proved that truly believed what they had seen.
- God is not asking if you would die for him, he is asking if you would “live” for him.
- What we have in Christ is not in vain, for all thing are true and we can like they are!