Here are some Quotes by Famous Missionaries:
“God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supply” — Hudson Taylor
“God isn’t looking for people of great faith, but for individuals ready to follow Him” — Hudson Taylor
“The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed” — Hudson Taylor
“Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God” — William Carey, who is called the father of modern missions
“To know the will of God, we need an open Bible and an open map.” — William Carey, pioneer missionary to India
“Is not the commission of our Lord still binding upon us? Can we not do more than now we are doing?” — William Carey
“He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” — Jim Elliot
“Can’t you do just a little bit more?” — J.G. Morrison pleading with Nazarenes in the 1930’s Great Depression to support their missionaries
“If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.” — C.T. Studd
“People who do not know the Lord ask why in the world we waste our lives as missionaries. They forget that they too are expending their lives … and when the bubble has burst, they will have nothing of eternal significance to show for the years they have wasted.” — Nate Saint, missionary martyr
“If a commission by an earthly king is considered a honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?” — David Livingstone
“Sympathy is no substitute for action.” — David Livingstone, missionary to Africa
“Why wait for a call when you have a command?” – Bob Hughes (Missionary to the Philippines in the mid 1900’s)
“You have one business on earth – to save souls.”- John Wesley
“I declare, now I am dying, I would not have spent my life otherwise for the world.”- David Brainerd
What is Faith Promise Mission Giving?
- The Faith Promise Plan is a scriptural plan of giving according to a definite purpose as set forth in 2 Corinthians 9:7.
- The Faith Promise Plan is a means whereby Christians are enabled to obey the command of Jesus to carry the Gospel into all of the world through their local church.
- The Faith Promise Plan challenges people to give systematically and purposefully to home and foreign missions for a program of world missions through the channels of the local church.
- The Faith Promise Plan helps enable the church to plan a definite missionary budget, so that regular commitments can be met and special projects can be undertaken.
- The Faith Promise Plan invites every member, both young and old, to participate in a systematic plan of giving from childhood and throughout their entire Christian life.
- The Faith Promise Plan is best set into action through the use of an annual Missionary Conference when church members make their individual Faith Promises.
Six Principles of Faith Promise Giving:
- It is Scriptural. 2 Cor. 9:7
- It is a source of God’s provision and blessings.
- It is not a pledge.
- It is trusting God for what I do not now have.
- It is a commitment.
- It should be entered into prayerfully.